What is Techinline Remote Desktop?
Techinline Remote Desktop allows you to conduct remote desktop sessions reliably and securely. Having only a browser and an Internet connection will enable you to connect to the remote computer, view and/or control its keyboard and mouse, communicate via our built-in text chat, transfer files between computers, and sharing your own desktop with the remote party.
How much does it cost?
Techinline offers 2 flexible pricing models: The unlimited plan costs just $30 per month (or $300 per year), and the Pay-Per-Session plan starts at $39 for 5 sessions. For a full summary of the available pricing options, please refer to the Buy Now
What can I do with Techinline Remote Desktop?
With Techinline Remote Desktop, you can perform almost any task imaginable right from the comfort of your own computer. For example, you can:
- View remote clients' desktops and use various key features such as file transfer and auto-reboot.
- Run applications on a remote computer and control its desktop as if you're sitting right in front of it.
- Share your desktop with a remote party to conduct demo sessions, presentations, or provide on-screen instructions.
- Allow the remote party to work with your desktop the same way you do with theirs.
How can I use Techinline Remote Desktop?
There are plenty of purposes of using remote access. Here are the most common applications of the Remote Desktop access service:
- Technical support/helpdesk service. Remotely assist your customers and users.
- Online product showcases. Help your prospective clients navigate through your offers efficiently, or demonstrate your products live and interactively.
- Collaborate and review documents with your customer. Examine spreadsheets, charts, and slides. Focus on important data and simplify complicated documents in real time.
- Obtain approvals for your design work from customers that are thousands of miles away; show photos, sketches, 3D models, charts, and presentations.
Please visit our Overview
section to learn other ways in which you can use our service to increase your revenue or reduce costs.
How easy is it to set up and use?
All your remote party needs to do is open the Techinline Support Request page (fixme.it) in their browser. All that is needed for this is a Web browser and an Internet connection. The user will be prompted to run a small browser add-on to complete the process. At this moment, the Client will be displayed their Client ID and will be ready to join the remote support session.
For the Expert, things are not much more complicated. All you need to do is open your browser and go to the Expert page of the Techinline service (fixme.it/Expert) to log into your account. You are now ready to start working with your Client It really is as simple as that! Of course, you may feel the need to adjust some minor session settings, but from the moment you log in, you are able to use the service.
Please note that if you run the Expert application on a workstation for the first time, you'll be prompted to load a small browser add-on.
Please remember that neither you or your remote clients) do not have to:
- Open any ports or configure your firewall in any way.
- Know any IP addresses or other technical networking details.
- Install any software or drivers on the computer or request your customer/user do so.
Is Techinline Remote Desktop secure?
Techinline Remote Desktop is completely secure:
- You don't have to open any ports or adjust your network security settings.
- All session and visual data, as well as keyboard and mouse control are encrypted with 128-bit encryption and are transmitted over SSL connection, the standard for secure Internet communication.
Does Techinline Remote Desktop contain any code other than the remote desktop functionality?
Techinline Remote Desktop contains ONLY the code required for remote desktop functionality.
- Techinline Remote Desktop does NOT contain any code that is not required for remote desktop functionality.
- Techinline Remote Desktop does NOT collect any personal information or system data from the user's PC or from any other PC in the user's network.
- Techinline Remote Desktop does NOT allow access to the user's PC without his/her explicit permission.
- Techinline Remote Desktop does NOT contain spyware, adware, tracking software, or any other type of unwanted software.
What are the system requirements?
Techinline Remote Desktop is currently available for the Microsoft Windows operating system, and Internet Explorer, Mozilla-based (Firefox, Netscape, SeaMonkey), and Google Chrome Web browsers. For detailed system requirements
, please refer to the System Requirements page.
How is Techinline Remote Desktop different from Microsoft Remote Assistance?
Techinline Remote Desktop is easy to run, simple to use, and completely secure. Key differences between Techinline Remote Desktop and Microsoft Remote Assistance include:
- With Microsoft Remote Assistance, you control remote computers that run any Windows version (95 or later), but you can only use Windows 2000 server or XP to access computers with the operating systems mentioned above. Techinline Remote Desktop does not have this limitation and therefore can run under any version of Windows (2000 or above).
- With Microsoft Remote Assistance, the remote computer and the local computer both need to be on the same network. This is not the case with Techinline Remote Desktop.
- Microsoft Remote Assistance is difficult to set up. With Techinline Remote Desktop, you can be set up and ready to go in seconds.
Can I change the email address associated with my account and used as my login?
Yes, please contact our Customer Service
team using your current email login, and provide us with the new email address which you would prefer to designate as your login.
The security warning dialogue doesn't appear and I can't run Techinline Remote Desktop on my computer. How can I start the service?
It's possible that you may have high or custom security settings for the Internet zone. In order to allow running Techinline Remote Desktop safely, please add https://fixme.it
to the Trusted Sites zone:
- Open Tools->Internet Options...->Security
- Select "Trusted sites" icon
- Click on the "Sites..." button
- Enter https://fixme.it into the "Add this Web site..."text box
- Click on the "Add" button
- Click on the "Close" button
- Click OK
- Reload https://fixme.it page
How do I transfer a file or folder from my computer to the remote computer, or vice versa?
In order to perform this operation, select the preferred object(s) and Copy them to your clipboard by right-clicking the mouse and choosing the necessary command, or by pressing CTRL+C. Go to the location where you would like to place the object(s), and Paste them by right-clicking the mouse and choosing the necessary command, or by pressing CTRL+V. A Progress Bar will indicate that the transfer is taking place.
How do I change my login password?
Please log into the Techinline service and go to My Account->Edit Profile->Change Password.
How can I send Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination to the remote computer?
You may use the Ctrl-Alt-End combination to send a Ctrl-Alt-Delete command to the remote computer. You may also use the Ctrl-Alt-Delete button in the Remote Control window.
Do I have to use all of the purchased sessions with only one customer?
No. You can use the sessions with different customers from different computers at any time in the future.
If I purchase a number of licenses at once, can I set up separate logins for each of my licenses?
Yes. In this case, you have to notify our Customer Service
team with the email addresses which you want to be used as the new logins.
I am unable to see the Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) warning prompts which appear on the Client's screen. How do I get these messages to appear locally?
This occurs when the Client is logged in under a Standard User Account (does not have administrator rights). In this case, upon launching the service, he/she will be asked to input the administrator password. This must be done in order for you to see the UAC warning messages on your screen. By proceeding without entering the administrator password, the service will work, but the UAC message prompts will not appear on your screen.
I am running the service behind a proxy server and am unable to establish a remote connection. Is there anything I can do to use Techinline in this situation?
Techinline works through any proxy servers if they are properly configured. Most likely, you are running the Techinline service in Firefox. Even if you have configured the proxy for the Firefox browser, you will still need to do the same for Internet Explorer. Techinline uses standard Windows functions for communications, which are configured in Internet Explorer. As a result, for the service to work, you will need to configure the proxy for IE.
Does Techinline work with Kaspersky Antivirus?
Yes, Techinline generally works with Kaspersky Antivirus. However, Kaspersky Antivirus has implemented a “self-defence” mechanism which blocks any remote modification activity apart from Microsoft’s Remote Desktop. All remote control programs are effected by this barrier and its parameters cannot be altered in any way by the user. Please note that if the Kaspersky Settings window is opened and is in focus on the remote machine, any remote control activity will be blocked. To enable remote control, please close the Kaspersky Settings window or activate another window on the remote machine. Furthermore, to avoid this problem altogether, the Techinline application can be added to Kaspersky’s Exclusion List on the remote computer by performing the following steps:
- Instruct the remote user to launch the Techinline service (open fixme.it) and install the Techinline add-on
- Open the "Settings" menu located on the Kaspersky interface
- Proceed to the "Threats and Exclusions" section located in the "Options" menu
- Press the "settings" button located in the "Exclusions" section
- Open the "Trusted applications" tab
- Press the "+Add" button and open the "Applications" menu
- Select the Techinline Remote Desktop application ending with "..\TiClientCore.exe"
- Check all boxes in the list
- Press "OK" on all opened dialogs to apply the new settings.
What is/are the potential cause(s) of the following error message: "The remote machine cannot capture the screen for the following reason The handle is invalid"
This error may be encountered in the following situations:
- If the Client is logged in as a standard user (does not have administrative rights on the machine) and has selected "No" in the first User Account Control (UAC) dialog prompt upon launching the Techinline In this case, the Expert is unable to see the UAC prompts which appear on the remote machine during a Techinline Remote Control session, and receives the "Invalid Handle" error message instead.
In order for the Expert to see all UAC dialogs which appear during a Techinline session, the Client must select "Yes" in the first dialog prompt which appears upon launching the Techinline service and provide the administrator password on the machine.
- Upon attempting to switch a Windows user during a Techinline Remote Control session. At this time, switching users during a Remote Control session cannot be done. To launch an application as a different user, please use the "Launch As..." command.
- As the result of a Windows session for some reason being blocked on the remote machine. For example, the error message will appear if the Client has connected to a server through a Windows Remote Desktop Connection, launches the Techinline service and accepts the Techinline connection, and then proceeds to close the Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
As a "work-around" to this problem, avoid the Windows session being blocked. In the example provided above, this is done by maintaining the Windows Remote Desktop Connection for the duration of the Techinline session.
After launching an application on the remote machine, I've lost the ability to control the mouse and/or keyboard. What may be the cause of this problem?
Upon launching the Techinline add-on on Vista, Windows 2008, and Windows 7 with an activated User Account Control (UAC), the Client is requested to provide elevated permissions for the add-on. If the Client selects "Cancel" in the UAC dialog prompt, the add-on will be launched with restricted privileges and access to applications which require administrative privileges will be restricted.
For example, if "Computer Management" has been launched in "Run As Administrator" mode and the elevated permissions have not been provided for the Techinline add-on, the Expert will be unable to control the "Computer Management" application. Instead, the Expert may receive a white screen along with an "Invalid Handle" message.
There are two possible "workarounds" to this problem:
- The application which is blocking the Expert's control may be minimized or set to inactive (focus set to another application). The Expert will now be able to control the remote machine, but will lose control as soon as focus is set to any application running in "Administrator" mode.
- Ask the Client to select "Yes" in the first UAC dialog prompt which appears to the Client upon launching the Techinline service. As a result, the Techinline add-on will be launched in "Administrator" mode and the Expert will be able to control any applications on the remote machine.
Upon connecting to the client’s remote computer and selecting the Remote Control or Remote View operation, all that I see is a black screen with the following message:The remote machine cannot capture the screen for the following reason:Not enough storage is available to process this command. What may be the cause of this and how do I fix it?
It is possible that Comodo Antivirus is installed on the client’s machine, and the Comodo Sandbox Security Level
setting has been enabled. To ensure proper functioning of the Techinline Remote Desktop, the Sandbox Security Level
setting must be temporarily disabled for the duration of the remote session. To disable the Comodo Sandbox Security Level
setting on the client’s machine, please follow these instructions:
- Disconnect the remote session with the Client on your Techinline Expert console.
- Ask the remote user to right-click on the Comodo Antivirus icon located in the system tray. Select the Sandbox Security Level option and click Disable.
- Obtain a new Client ID from the remote user to establish a new connection. You should now be able to properly view and control the client’s desktop.
This problem may also be caused by other anti-virus software. To ensure that Techinline’s performance is not blocked by any third-party software, we suggest temporarily disabling any running anti-virus for the duration of the support session.
The Techinline team is in constant communication with various anti-virus software vendors to ensure that our application’s performance is not disrupted by any third-party products. We urge our users to contact our support department immediately should they encounter any obstructions to Techinline’s performance by any anti-virus software products.
When trying to launch the Techinline service, I am receiving the following message: “Add-on update has not been completed.” What should I do?
Each new version of the Techinline Remote Desktop service requires an update of the Techinline add-on. Upon launching the Techinline service and attempting to update the Techinline add-on, you may receive the following error message: “Add-on update has not been completed.”
Even after following the instructions provided in the browser window for removing the Techinline, you may still encounter this problem along with the same error message: “Add-on update has not been completed.” This issue occurs in Internet Explorer 8 or later.
The add-on update can be completed only after you uninstall the existing version of the Techinline add-on currently installed on your computer. If Internet Explorer fails to remove the existing add-on, the add-on update will not be completed.
To resolve this issue, please do the following:
- Remove the existing version of the Techinline add-on using one of the following methods:
- Manually delete the existing add-ons by removing files TIExpert*.* (Expert add-on) or TIClient*.* (Client add-on) from these folders:
- C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Downloaded Program Files
- C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
- Run the script RemoveTechinlineAddOn.bat from the command prompt with admin rights. The script will delete any existing Techinline add-ons from the computer.
- Launch the Techinline service again. The new add-ons will be installed correctly
Alternatively, you may use one of the following workarounds:
- Use another browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Use Techinline Stand-alone Application:
When I attempt to copy a file from my machine and try to paste it to the remote machine I get a window that states that the files is being copied, but upon the file transfer’s completion, the file does not appear in the target location on the remote machine. What may be the cause of this?
Upon launching the file transfer, the progress bar appears to monitor the status of the transfer. After the transfer has been completed, the progress bar should disappear and the copied content should appear in the selected location on the target computer.
If the machine to which the files are being copied is either Windows Vista or Windows 7, the copied files may not immediately appear in the target location due to a Windows limitation. This limitation effects large file transfers that take several minutes or more to complete. Although the files have been copied to the remote machine, they do not appear in the target location.
If the file has not appeared in the target location following the file transfer’s completion, simply paste it again. The transferred content will be immediately transferred from cache and will appear in the target location without repeating the file transfer.
When operating in the Remote Control mode and attempting to perform an installation, I receive a Windows User Account Control (UAC) pop-up to enter the admin password on the remote machine. I can see the UAC dialog box but am unable to input anything into its fields. What may be the cause of this?
The UAC prompt appears for various actions requiring Windows admin privileges, such as performing installations on the machine or updating its Windows settings. The User Account Control setting is available on the Windows 7 Operating System.
The described situation is encountered when the Expert is attempting to perform system changes on a Windows 7 machine with an enabled UAC and the Techinline service running in User Mode (the Client clicked No in the UAC dialog upon launching the Techinline service). In this case, the Expert is able to view the UAC dialog prompt but is unable to enter anything into its fields.
To avoid this problem, the Client must launch Techinline in Administrator Mode
by answering Yes
to the first UAC dialog prompt which appears upon launching the Techinline service. This will provide the Expert with full access to all UAC dialog prompts encountered during the remote session.
Do you provide price discounts for group purchases?
Yes, please feel free to contact our sales department
via email or telephone for the discount which we can offer based on your potential order.
Do you offer discounts to non-profit and/or educational organizations?
Yes, if you are a registered non-profit or educational organization, please feel free to contact our sales department
via telephone or email to learn more about Techinline's discounted rates.
Which pricing plan best meets my functionality needs?
Essentially, the final decision is up to you and will depend on how many sessions you envision using and with what frequency.
Using the pay-per-session plan is ideally suited for light or sporadic users. Because you are not bound to use the sessions within a given time period, it is possible to carry the sessions over for several months until they are required.
The pay-per-session plan also enables buyers to run numerous sessions concurrently and sequentially, so there really is no limit as to how you use the sessions you pay for.
Using the unlimited plan is perfect when you need a large number of sequential single sessions over the period of a month or a year.
However, if you require multiple sessions to run at any one time, then you will need to buy the appropriate number of unlimited plans or consider adding a pay-per-session plan to your existing account.
If you are uncertain about which option is the most appropriate plan for you, please contact one of our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org
, who will gladly provide you with assistance and ensure that you make the right decision for your needs.
How is a session defined in the pay-per-session plan?
The pay-per-session plan defines a single session as a 12-hour period, and begins billing after the initial connection is established. You can connect and disconnect to the same client any number of times during this period - this will be considered a single session.
Example: You have connected to the computer of client A on Monday at 10:00 a.m and disconnected at 10:13 a.m. You have created one session and it will be subtracted from your total count of purchased sessions. Later that day, you have connected to the computer of Client B at 01:00 p.m. and disconnected at 01:30 p.m. You have used another session and this will also be deducted from your available sessions by one session. At this time, you have used two sessions in total. If later that day you connect to Client A's computer at 9:30 p.m. and disconnect at 10:30 p.m., your account balance remains the same, because that will still be considered the as same session you had initiated earlier.
My per-session account was charged with another session after a repeated connection to the same client, even though the 12 hours which are allocated by Techinline for connecting to the same computer did not pass. Is this a mistake in your reports, and what should I do to get my session back?
In this case, please send a request to email@example.com
with the session number(s) of the connections which were charged against you incorrectly. All session numbers can be found in your account's Reporting Tool (My Account ->Reports). A member of our support team will examine the case, and credit you with the lost sessions.
If I purchase the Pay-Per-Session plan - when does it expire?
Never. The sessions do not have an expiry date, and can be used at any time in the future.
Can I pay for Techinline Remote Desktop with a check?
If you selected a pay-per-session plan option, you should go to our Buy Now page, select the appropriate pay-per-session plan, and click the "Buy Now" button. Then, select "Mail" in the "Method of Payment" drop-down list and follow the instructions.
For subscription plans, we also provide an option to make a check payment. You can buy an annual subscription for $300. Please go here
to make an order. Bear in mind that this option is not self-renewing, so you'll have to manually renew the subscription in a year.
Other than credit card, do you accept any other forms of payment for a yearly subscription? Is it possible to get an invoice for a year?
Yes, we take payments other than credit card for a yearly subscription. You can get an invoice or send a check by mail with a special annual plan. The plan is similar to the yearly subscription plan with only one exception: it is not self-renewing, so you'll have to manually renew the subscription in a year. Please go here
to make an order.
Other than credit card, do you accept any other forms of payment for a monthly subscription? Is it possible to get an invoice for a month?
No, we don't accept payments other than credit card for a monthly subscription.
How can I cancel my subscription?
On the Orders page, does the term "Quantity" refer to the quantity of months purchased or the number of licenses?
The term "Quantity" refers to the number of licenses you wish to purchase for the given time period. (Example: if you purchase 3 licenses, this means that 3 experts can work simultaneously).
I have a Per-Session account and would like to purchase additional sessions to this account. How can I do this?
Once you are down to the last few remaining sessions on your balance, a Purchase menu containing all available session packages will appear on the interface of your Techinline Per-Session account. Upon selecting the preferred session package from the Purchase menu, you will be redirected to an online order form to complete the transaction. The purchased sessions will be automatically added to the balance of your existing Per-Session account.
I have an existing Techinline subscription license, and would like to purchase an additional seat in order to run multiple concurrent connections. How can I do this?
In order to purchase an additional seat/license, go the Buy Now page located on the Techinline website. Upon selecting the preferred license type, click on the Buy It button to be redirected to the online order form. Select the preferred number of additional licenses that you would like to purchase, and complete the ensuing online order form. The “Email Address” indicated in the online order form will be used as the Techinline username.
Upon the order’s completion, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address containing the password for your newly purchased account.
If you would like to set up the new account using the same login credentials (same username and password) as your existing order, please contact our Sales Department either by phone or email:
Phone: +1 617 381 4349