The following principles govern web-sites owned and operated by Techinline. These principles do not govern web-sites of other parties to which we may provide only links because Techinline is not responsible, and can not control the privacy practices or content of those sites.
Information Collection and Use
Techinline collects PII when you register for a Techinline account or use the Techinline products or services for the following purposes:
- to deliver the products and services you or your company have ordered for your use from Techinline;
- to maintain accounting and billing contact information and other financial records
- to customize the advertising and content you see;
- to contact you regarding our services unless you elected not to receive these communications.
When you register with Techinline, we ask for your name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers and, in some cases credit card information when you order services on-line. Some of our customers use Techinline services to provide sessions, such as web seminars, which require the participants to register prior to attending the session. When you register for one of these sessions, you may be asked to provide additional information such as your birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. This information is provided to the customer hosting the session. Techinline may store this information on behalf of our customers as necessary to fulfill our obligations to our customers. Techinline requires that all such customers use, hold and process such PII in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Techinline also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Techinline cookie information and the page you requested.
Techinline routinely collects information that cannot be identified to a particular individual such as time-stamps and logs events (like features used, number of participants, length of sessions.) This data is used for accounting/billing purposes as well as for performance and optimization of the Techinline services.
Confidentiality and Data Access
The Techinline service uses industry standard encryption (256-Bit SSL certificate) to protect all PII and session content.
The Techinline service does not log or store any information transferred or recorded during the session apart from general information used to generate the Session Usage Reports, such as session start/end time, IP addresses of session participants (Expert and Client), and the amount (in bytes) of transferred data.
All temporary information used or transferred during the session is temporarily stored in the server's operating memory without anyone having access to this information. Once the data is transferred from one session participant to another, it is entirely disregarded from the operating memory. Once the session is terminated, all temporary data is entirely disregarded.
During a running session, the Client maintains full control over the Expert's presence on his/her machine, and may eject the Expert at any time from the session.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Retention and Relevance
If we change any of our privacy policies or practices, we'll post those changes to this policy statement at least 30 days before they take effect. In limited cases, we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
- Techinline may use and retain your PII when you use certain Techinline products or services, when you visit Techinline pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Techinline may also receive PII from our business partners.
- Techinline retains the PII that it collects only for the period of time such information is required to achieve the purposes set forth above. Generally, the retention period, will not be greater than one year after you cease to be an active customer depending on the purpose and any regulatory or audit requirements (e.g. financial records may be retained for a longer period to satisfy audit requirements).
- Techinline uses and retains only your PII which is directly relevant to the purpose for which it is collected. This information is retained as you provide it but will be updated when you notify us of changes in order to maintain its accuracy.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Techinline will not sell or rent your PII to anyone.
Techinline will send PII about you to other companies or people only when
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Techinline to provide a Techinline product or service or to otherwise assist Techinline with its business activities. (Unless we tell you otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us and are required to safeguard PII and not to disclose PII to others);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our Web sites violate the Techinline Terms of Service
PII Edits, Corrections or Erasures.
You have the ability to direct Techinline to edit, correct or erase your PII , at any time. To request such account maintenance send your email request to email@example.com. You may also indicate that you do not wish to receive messages from Techinline regarding our services or update your information relating to such messages in the My Account form. Following your request for either type of data editing, your information will be changed in Techinline’s data bases after we receive the information necessary to process your request.