Using the application
Pricing options and plans
FixMe.IT & US Sales Tax
What is FixMe.IT?
FixMe.IT allows you to conduct remote desktop sessions reliably and securely. With the help of a basic internet connection and the FixMe.IT application, you're able to connect to one or more remote computers, view and/or control its keyboard and mouse, communicate via text chat, transfer files between computers, reboot and automatically reconnect, video record the session, share your own desktop with a remote user, and much more. See our application at Techinline
How much does it cost?
Techinline offers 2 flexible pricing models: The unlimited plan costs just $30 per month (or $300 per year), and the Per-Session plan starts at $39 for 5 sessions. For a full summary of the available pricing options, please refer to the Buy Now
What can I do with FixMe.IT?
With FixMe.IT, you can perform almost any task imaginable right from the comfort of your own computer. For example, you can:
- View remote clients' desktops and use various key features such as file transfer and auto-reboot.
- Run applications on a remote computer and control its desktop as if you're sitting right in front of it.
- Share your desktop with a remote party to conduct demo sessions, presentations, or provide on-screen instructions.
- Allow the remote party to work with your desktop the same way you do with theirs.
- Configure machines for unattended access and connect at any point without the client's intervention.
How can I use FixMe.IT?
There are numerous purposes of remote access. Here are the most common applications of the FixMe.IT remote desktop application:
- Technical support/helpdesk service. Remotely assist your customers and users.
- After-hours maintenance and support. Connect to unattended machines during after-hours.
- Online product showcases. Help your prospective clients navigate through your offers efficiently, or demonstrate your products live and interactively.
- Collaborate and review documents with your customer. Examine spreadsheets, charts, and slides. Focus on important data and simplify complicated documents in real time.
- Obtain approvals for your design work from customers that are thousands of miles away; show photos, sketches, 3D models, charts, and presentations.
Please visit our Features
section to learn other ways in which you can use our application to increase your revenue or reduce costs.
How easy is it to set up and use?
All your remote client needs to do is open the FixMe.IT Support Request page (fixme.it) in their browser. You can also embed FixMe.IT into your own website and direct clients to run the application from there. All that's needed for this is an internet connection. The user will be prompted to run a small application. After running the application, the Client will be displayed a randomly generated Client ID number and will be ready to join the remote support session.
For the Expert, things are just as straightforward. Initially, all you need to do is run the FixMe.IT application ( fixme.it/Expert). A FixMe.IT desktop icon will appear on your desktop. Run the icon to open the Expert application. Enter the Client ID obtained by the remote client and start a remote session. It really is as simple as that!
Please remember that neither you or your remote clients have to:
- Open any ports or configure your firewall in any way.
- Know any IP addresses or other technical networking details.
Is FixMe.IT secure?
FixMe.IT is completely secure:
- You don't have to open any ports or adjust your network security settings.
- All session and visual data, as well as keyboard and mouse control are encrypted with 256-bit encryption and are transmitted over SSL connection, the standard for secure Internet communication.
- FixMe.IT certificates are issued by the Comodo Group, a global leader in internet security.
Does FixMe.IT contain any code other than the remote desktop functionality?
FixMe.IT contains ONLY the code required for remote desktop functionality.
- FixMe.IT does NOT contain any code that is not required for remote desktop functionality.
- FixMe.IT does NOT collect any personal information or system data from the user's PC or from any other PC in the user's network.
- FixMe.IT does NOT allow access to the user's PC without their explicit permission.
- FixMe.IT Desktop does NOT contain spyware, adware, tracking software, or any other type of unwanted software.
What are the system requirements?
FixMe.IT is currently available for the Microsoft Windows operating system. For detailed system requirements
, please refer to the System Requirements page.
Can I change the email address used as the FixMe.IT login? Does the login email address have to be real?
Yes, please contact our Customer Service
team using your current email login, and provide us with the new email address which you would prefer to designate as your login.
Is FixMe.IT HIPAA Compliant?
HIPAA Compliance is applicable only to entities covered by HIPAA regulations (healthcare organizations). Nevertheless, the technical security controls employed in the FixMe.IT service and Expert and Client applications meet HIPAA technical standards.
Learn more about FixMe.IT's compliance with HIPAA regulations
Is Techinline FixMe.IT compliant with PCI standards?
Organizations that handle cardholder data in any way must meet strict requirements to be PCI compliant. As a remote desktop application, Techinline FixMe.IT does not store, process, or transmit cardholder data in any way. Therefore, PCI compliance does not directly apply to Techinline FixMe.IT.
Using the application
How do I transfer a file or folder from my computer to the remote computer, or vice versa?
There are several methods for the file transfer operation:
- Copy/Paste: Select the preferred object(s) and Copy them to your clipboard by right-clicking the mouse and choosing the necessary command, or by pressing CTRL+C. Go to the location where you would like to place the object(s), and Paste them by right-clicking the mouse and choosing the necessary command, or by pressing CTRL+V. A Progress Bar will indicate that the transfer is taking place.
- Drag-n-Drop: Select the preferred object(s) on the local computer, drag them into the Remote Desktop Control window, and paste the object(s) in a target location on the remote computer. A Progress Bar will indicate that the transfer is taking place.
- Send File Button: Use the 'Send File' button found on the Expert application during a remote session to select a file and press the Open button. A Progress Bar will indicate that the transfer is taking place.
How do I change my login password?
Please run the FixMe.IT application and go to My Account->Edit Profile->Change Password.
How can I send Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination to the remote computer?
You may use the Ctrl-Alt-End combination to send a Ctrl-Alt-Delete command to the remote computer. You may also use the Ctrl-Alt-Delete button in the Remote Control window.
Do I have to use all of the purchased sessions with only one customer?
No. You can use the sessions with different customers from different computers at any time in the future.
If I purchase multiple licenses, can I create separate logins for the licenses?
Yes, you can either maintain multiple licenses as a single shared multi-user account OR create individual logins. Please contact our sales team
and provide the email address(es) that you wish to assign as the individual logins.
I am unable to see the Windows User Account Control (UAC) warning prompts which appear on the Client's screen. How do I get these messages to appear locally?
This occurs when the Client is logged in under a Standard User Account (does not have administrator rights). In this case, upon running the application, the remote Client will be asked to enter the administrator password. This must be done in order for you to view and control the UAC warning messages on your screen. By proceeding without entering the administrator password, the application will work, but UAC message prompts will not appear on your screen. If the Client was started as a Standard User, you also have the option to Restart as a System Service to provide the administrator password and elevate to an administrator account.
What is/are the potential cause(s) of the following error message: "The remote machine cannot capture the screen for the following reason The handle is invalid"
This error may be encountered in the following situations:
- If the Client is logged in as a standard user (does not have administrative rights on the machine) and has selected "No" in the first User Account Control (UAC) dialog prompt upon running the FixMe.IT In this case, the Expert is unable to see the UAC prompts which appear on the remote machine during a FixMe.IT Remote Control session, and receives the "Invalid Handle" error message instead. In order for the Expert to see all UAC dialogs which appear during a FixMe.IT session, the Client must select "Yes" in the first dialog prompt which appears upon running the FixMe.IT application and provide the administrator password on the machine.
- Upon attempting to switch a Windows user during a FixMe.IT Remote Control session. At this time, switching users during a Remote Control session cannot be done. To run an application as a different user, please use the "Run As..." command.
- As the result of a Windows session for some reason being blocked on the remote machine. For example, the error message will appear if the Client has connected to a server through a Windows Remote Desktop Connection, runs the FixMe.IT application and accepts the connection, and then proceeds to close the Windows Remote Desktop Connection. As a "work-around" to this problem, avoid the Windows session being blocked. In the example provided above, this is done by maintaining the Windows Remote Desktop Connection for the duration of the FixMe.IT session.
After running an application on the remote machine, I've lost the ability to control the mouse and/or keyboard. What may be the cause of this problem?
Upon running the FixMe.IT application on Vista, Windows 2008, and Windows 7 with an activated User Account Control (UAC), the Client is requested to provide elevated permissions for the application. If the Client selects "Cancel" in the UAC dialog prompt, the application will be runed with restricted privileges and access to applications which require administrative privileges will be restricted. For example, if "Computer Management" has been runed in "Run As Administrator" mode and the elevated permissions have not been provided for the FixMe.IT application, the Expert will be unable to control the "Computer Management" application. Instead, the Expert may receive a white screen along with an "Invalid Handle" message. There are two possible "workarounds" to this problem:
- The application which is blocking the Expert's control may be minimized or set to inactive (focus set to another application). The Expert will now be able to control the remote machine, but will lose control as soon as focus is set to any application running in "Administrator" mode.
- Ask the Client to select "Yes" in the first UAC dialog prompt which appears to the Client upon running the FixMe.IT application. As a result, FixMe.IT will be running in "Administrator" mode and the Expert will be able to control any applications on the remote machine.
When I attempt to copy a file from my machine and try to paste it to the remote machine I get a window that states that the files is being copied, but upon the file transfer's completion, the file does not appear in the target location on the remote machine. What may be the cause of this?
Upon starting the file transfer, the progress bar appears to monitor the status of the transfer. After the transfer has been completed, the progress bar should disappear and the copied content should appear in the selected location on the target computer.
If the machine to which the files are being copied is either Windows Vista or Windows 7, the copied files may not immediately appear in the target location due to a Windows limitation. This limitation effects large file transfers that take several minutes or more to complete. Although the files have been copied to the remote machine, they do not appear in the target location.
If the file has not appeared in the target location following the file transfer's completion, simply paste it again. The transferred content will be immediately transferred from cache and will appear in the target location without repeating the file transfer.
When operating in the Remote Control mode and attempting to perform an installation, I receive a Windows User Account Control (UAC) pop-up to enter the admin password on the remote machine. I can see the UAC dialog box but am unable to input anything into its fields. What may be the cause of this?
The UAC prompt appears for various actions requiring Windows admin privileges, such as performing installations on the machine or updating its Windows settings. The User Account Control setting is available on the Windows 7 Operating System.
The described situation is encountered when the Expert is attempting to perform system changes on a Windows 7 machine with an enabled UAC and the FixMe.IT application is running in User Mode (the Client clicked No in the UAC dialog upon running the FixMe.IT application). In this case, the Expert is able to view the UAC dialog prompt but is unable to enter anything into its fields.
To avoid this problem, the Client must run FixMe.IT in Administrator Mode
by answering Yes
to the first UAC dialog prompt which appears upon running the FixMe.IT application. This will provide the Expert with full access to all UAC dialog prompts encountered during the remote session.
Pricing options and plans
Do you provide volume discounts?
Yes, volume discounts are available on orders of 20 or more licenses. Please contact our sales team
to obtain an accurate quote for your potential order.
Do you offer discounts to non-profit and/or educational organizations?
Yes, if you are a registered non-profit or educational organization, please contact our sales team
for a discounted quote and payment instructions.
Which pricing plan best meets my needs?
FixMe.IT is available in 2 pricing models, allowing you to select a plan which best suits your projected usage volume needs and functionality requirements:
Per-Session: This is a "pay as you go" pricing model which is primarily designed for occasional or personal use. This plan allows purchasing and paying for a specific number of sessions (connections) rather than a subscription term. The Per-Session model should be more cost-effective if you expect to use the application 3 or less times per month on average. The Per-Session model also doesn't provide Unattended Access functionalit.
Subscription: This plan is designed for everyday, regular use and allows you to run an unlimited number of connections during the purchased subscription term. A subscription license also allows configuring up to 150 machines for Unattended Access.
All available pricing options are summarized on FixMe.IT's Pricing
How is a session defined in the Per-Session plan?
The Per-Session plan defines a single session as a 12-hour period during which you may disconnect and reconnect to the same machine as many times as needed. You will not be billed for any subsequent connections to the same computer during the 12-hour period.
My Per-Session account was charged with another session after a repeated connection to the same client, even though the 12 hours which are allocated by FixMe.IT for connecting to the same computer did not elapse. Is this an error in your reports and what should I do to get my session back?
In this case, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the session number(s) of the connections that were incorrectly billed. All session numbers can be found in your account's Reporting Tool (My Account ->Reports). A member of our support team will review the case and credit you with any lost sessions.
With the Per-Session plan, do the purchased sessions ever expire?
Never. The sessions do not have an expiry date, and can be used at any time in the future.
Can a license be shared with other users?
Yes. A FixMe.IT license is not tied to any specific user and/or machine, and therefore may be shared amongst multiple users. The licensing structure is based strictly on CONCURRENT technicians. This means that a license can be used by a single technician at a given time. If you need to run multiple concurrent technicians, the corresponding number of licenses must be purchased.
Can the number of logins exceed the number of paid subscription licenses that I have?
Yes, you can create multiple logins for each license. This would be convenient if you have a team of several technicians sharing the license and prefer that each technician logs in using their own credentials. Please note that the number of CONCURRENTLY running logins cannot exceed the number of paid licenses on your account (as an example, if you have 2 licenses and 5 individual logins, only 2 of the 5 logins can be used at any given time).
How many simultaneous remote sessions can I run with a FixMe.IT license?
A FixMe.IT license allows running an unlimited number of concurrent remote sessions using the Expert application. In other words, you can start the FixMe.IT Expert and connect to any number of remote client machines. However, this DOES NOT mean that you can start the Expert application on multiple computers at the same time using a single license.
Can I pay for FixMe.IT by anything other than credit card?
Yes, annual orders can also be paid by check (for North American orders) and wire transfer. Please contact our sales team so that we can provide the corresponding payment instructions for completing the order by wire transfer or check If you selected a Per-Session plan option, you should go to our Buy Now page, select the appropriate Per-Session plan, and click the "Buy Now" button. Then, select "Mail" in the "Method of Payment" drop-down list and follow the instructions.
For subscription plans, we also provide an option to make a check payment. You can buy an annual subscription for $300. Please go here
to make an order. Bear in mind that this option is not self-renewing, so you'll have to manually renew the subscription in a year.
Can I obtain a formal invoice to complete the order?
Annual orders can be paid by invoice. Please contact our sales team
to obtain an invoice and payment instructions for your order.
How can I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your FixMe.IT subscription at any point by contacting our sales team
. FixMe.IT relies on a 3rd party payment processing system, Bluesnap Inc., to handle its billing matters. You can also cancel your subscription through the Bluesnap system
On the order page, does the "Quantity" field refer to the quantity of months purchased or the number of licenses?
The "Quantity" field refers to the number of licenses you wish to purchase for the given subscription term. (Example: if you purchase 3 licenses, this means that up to 3 Experts can work simultaneously).
I have a Per-Session account and would like to purchase additional sessions to this account. How can I do this?
Once your account balance is down to 3 or less sessions, a Purchase menu containing all available session packages will automatically appear on the interface of your Per-Session account. Upon selecting the preferred session package from the Purchase menu, you will be redirected to an online order form to complete the transaction. The purchased sessions will be automatically added to the balance of your existing Per-Session account.
You may also add sessions at any point by contacting our sales team.
I have an existing FixMe.IT subscription license, and would like to purchase an additional seat in order to run multiple concurrent Experts. How can I do this?
Please contact our sales team so that we can provide a corresponding order form and payment instructions for upgrading your existing FixMe.IT account. There's absolutely no "down-time" during the upgrade process and the license upgrade is performed behind the scenes.
Upon the order's completion, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address containing the password for your newly purchased account.
If you would like to set up the new account using the same login credentials (same username and password) as your existing order, please contact our Sales Department either by phone or email: Phone: +1 617 381 4349 Email: email@example.com
Can I pay by PayPal?
Yes, PayPal orders can be placed on the Paypal Order page
. You can also contact our sales team
for instructions on placing a PayPal order.
Are FixMe.IT subscriptions automatically renewable?
Yes, by default FixMe.IT subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the purchased subscription term.
Can I purchase a manually-renewable FixMe.IT subscription?
Yes, you may purchase a non-automatically renewable annual subscription using this order form
My FixMe.IT subscription has expired. How can I reactivate it?
Once a FixMe.IT subscription has expired, a corresponding message will appear on your Expert account interface along with an "Update License" option to select a preferred payment term and submit the renewal order. You may also contact our sales team
for the corresponding renewal payment instructions.
Can I pay by a Purchase Order?
Yes, annual orders can be paid with a Purchase Order. Please contact our sales team
to obtain a formal quote and start the PO process. Once a PO number is available, we will provide an invoice containing instructions for completing the order.
FixMe.IT & US Sales Tax
Why am I being charged US Sales Tax?
Techinline relies on two third-party payment processing systems, Bluesnap and FastSpring, to handle its billing matters. Legally speaking, FastSpring and Bluesnap are considered the Merchant of Record for Techinline orders. Given that both Bluesnap and FastSpring are US-based entities, they must operate under US tax legislation and orders processed by these platforms are subject to US sales tax.
Where do your payment partners collect US Sales Tax?
Bluesnap is based in California and Massachusetts. Therefore, any new or recurring FixMe.IT orders processed by Bluesnap and originating from these two states are subject to US Sales Tax. Orders processed by FastSpring may be subject to sales tax in certain states.
Learn more about FastSpring’s tax collection policies
Is US Sales Tax included in the prices listed on your website?
The US Sales Tax amount is an additional fee which is applied to the price displayed on Techinline’s Pricing
page and effects only orders that are subject to sales tax in specific states. Where applicable, the actual sales tax amount will be displayed on the checkout page.
I’ve never had to pay a US Sales Tax before, what’s changed?
In accordance with US state tax legislation, Techinline’s payment partners began collecting US Sales Tax in applicable states starting July 2017. We regret that US Sales Tax increases the overall cost of our product. However, as a legitimate company, Techinline and its billing partners strive to fully comply with all global and local tax laws.
Since the US tax policy is constantly changing, we will do our best to inform our customers as soon as we learn about any new developments.
Are there any exemptions? How can I get a refund for US Sales Tax?
Orders may be subject to a US sales tax exemption if valid documentation is provided. Techinline is currently working with its billing partners on learning and understanding the exemption process and more information on this topic will be published shortly.